I KNOW THE (ORGANIC) GUACAMOLE IS EXTRA
My pride and joy is guacamole, I have been known to whip up my speciality mid-party, or come bearing gifts of guac. I have always taken guacamole duty because of my 1/4 latina heritage, so you could say avocado is in my blood. Today I reward my readers with a tutorial on how to make my specialty organic guacamole, this comes complete with fun facts and an organic fuelled breakdown. Enjoy!
The full ingredient list is after the jump.
4 x Ripe Organic Avocados (Hass is good, but lets be real, any avo is a good avo)
3 x Organic Cloves of Garlic (Finely Minced)
1 x Organic Tahitian Lime
1/4 x Organic Spanish Onion
1 1/2 x tbsp of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 x tbsp of Organic Coriander (Roughly Chopped)
1 x pinch of super good salt, himalayan or handharvested varieties are the go.
1/2 x Roma Tomato (diced)
700 cups of LOVE.
Pinch of Cumin - love it, didn't have it. But throw it in if you're keen.
Throw them together in any order your heart desires. But I suggest:
- Scoop all avocados into a large bowl. With a fork mash it quite well...but not too much because you don't want to overmix before the recipe is done.
- Go wild and gesticulatively pour olive oil into your avocado. Not too wild, keep it in the tablespoon-ish mark.
- Finely mince the garlic and throw it in, with loving energetic intention.
- Salt...pinch and season.
- Cut your limes in half and squeeze all the magic tahitian juice into your avocado mixture.
- Dice your spanish onion if you're game and feeling emotional and put it into what is now turning into guacamole. Mix mix mix.
- Taste taste taste. This is the second most important step after putting love in.
- Chop your tomatoes with a serrated knife and put them into the avo mixture.
- Mix mix mix. Taste, repeat.
- Chilli sauce. I usually get organic, I really do. I also love Tabasco and the chipotle adds a really lovely smoky flavour to it. Alternatively, add some smoky paprika and finely chop a red chilli.
- Get your corn chips, put on some latin tunes or wear a vintage Mexican shirt a la me, and eat 4 avocados worth of nutritional gold.